CUCS is seeking a Development and Communications Associate for
its Development and Communications Department. This position plays
an important role in CUCS’s efforts to develop and grow
relationships with institutional and individual donors. In
collaboration with the Director of Development and Communications
and the Associate Director of Development, the position will help
develop and implement strategies to increase donations from
individuals and institutional donors, expand fundraising events,
and develop new revenue streams for CUCS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as lead Salesforce administrator, helping to inform
structure and best practices.
- Ensures accuracy and maintenance of donor and donation records
on a timely, ongoing basis. Reconciles donor database with finance
department on a monthly basis. Produce Salesforce reports when
- Generate accurate mailing lists for development events, appeals
and other solicitations.
- Manage CUCS’s donation processing procedures and protocols to
ensure fidelity across department and organization.
- Helps maintain general organization of Development Department
at all times.
- Provides periodic administrative support for Director and
- Work effectively with Associate Director to create high quality
proposals and reports
- Provide significant support in the grant development process
for foundation, corporate, and government applications from start
- Tracks foundation grant reporting requirements to ensure
compliance with external deadlines and foundation processes.
Communicates as needed with foundation personnel around the
administration of required reports.
- Produces well-written, cogent and persuasive letters, emails,
narratives and/or other materials for external audiences; provides
thoughtful and well-considered comments and edits to report
narratives and communications drafted by program staff or
- Provide significant support in the development, planning, and
implementation of CUCS’s fundraising events.
- Support all pre-event and on-site logistics and production
aspects of events, invitation mailings (digital and via mail),
table and ticket solicitations, research and solicit auction
packages, vendor relations, and day-of donor relations.
- Prepare timely customized acknowledgement letters, pledge
reminders, receipts and other correspondence to donors who request
information, including recent and past donations.
- Support the development and expansion CUCS Young Professionals
- Support strategies for fundraising that will grow annual
revenue from individuals, including monthly donor program, website
and social media.
- Provide significant support in all year-end individual donor
solicitations and campaigns, both digital and print.
- Maintain confidentiality of all donor-related information.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master degree a plus.
- Minimum of 2-4 years fundraising experience.
- Must possess strong skills in fundraising with successful track
record of grant-writing for nonprofit agency of similar size
preferred. Individual giving experience a plus.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, are
required. Ability to adapt writing style to CUCS’s organizational
- Proven organizational skills including the ability to manage
multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and produce high quality
results while meeting deadlines.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, accuracy and attention to
- Ability to work collaboratively in a strong team
- Must be flexible and open to changing needs and
- Proficiency in Salesforce preferred.
- Knowledge of Classy a plus.
Location/Region: New York, NY (10035)