Close Up Foundation’s mission is to inform, inspire, and empower
young people to exercise the rights and accept the responsibilities
of citizens in a democracy. As a non-profit/non-partisan leader in
civic education since 1971, we believe that a strong democracy
requires active and informed participation by all citizens.
- Generate leads and develop new
relationships with potential donors and partners across the country
to achieve team quota.
- Prospect and identify prospective donors
and partners through lead generation activities; including
research, cold calls, list building, meetings etc.
- Position opportunities that extend the
reach of Close Up’s mission to engage partner-specific experiences
- Effectively manage regular
communication, including writing/editing stewardship materials and
development-related marketing materials.
- Work closely with the Chief Development
Officer to meet fundraising goals and develop partnerships that
support Close Up’s mission and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited
college or university.
- At least four (4) years successful
experience in fundraising, sales, project management, K-12
education, marketing communication, external outreach, or other
- Authorization to work in the U.S. for
- Superior skill with written
- Demonstrated abilities in strategic
thinking and creative problem solving
- Exceptional interpersonal skills,
professionalism, and ability to work collaboratively with internal
and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as a
team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and
projects at a time
- Strong organizational and time
management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel
locally and to work evenings and weekends on occasion
Submit résumé and letter of interest to Mia Charity,
Chief Development Officer, at email@example.com. Selected
candidate will be subject to a criminal background
Close Up Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally
Location/Region: Alexandria, VA (22314)