New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity (NOAHH) seeks an
experienced Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) to serve as the primary
strategic architect of a comprehensive development, marketing and
communications program that will advance the organization’s mission
The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented fundraising and
marketing professional with a record of diverse advancement
experience, capable of representing NOAHH’s programs to a wide
spectrum of constituent groups and collaborative partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Although not all encompassing, the primary responsibilities for
this position include:
- Working closely with the Executive Team and Board, lead the
creation and implementation of a development strategy which takes
the organization to the next level of fundraising efforts.
- Serve as an ambassador and spokesperson for the organization
and articulate our mission to external constituents.
- Educate and train board members and senior staff in donor
cultivation and professional fundraising techniques.
- Work with the ED to ensure board members are engaged and
energized through their association with the organization.
- Collaborate with the CFO to develop and produce regular reports
analyzing the financial progress and trends of fundraising
- Provide leadership, motivation and staff service to the ED,
Chairman, and other board members in carrying out their development
- Cultivate and solicit major gifts from individuals,
corporations, foundations and others. Assist the Executive Director
and Board members in these same efforts.
- Build, motivate, lead, and retain an advancement staff that
currently includes four members: aligning structure with
fundraising and organizational strategy.
- Oversee special events staff in planning and execution of
functions, while critically evaluating return on investments.
- Provide strategic and marketing oversight to all donor
materials, and strategic support on the full range of external
- Partner with the finance and accounting staff to sustain
efficient, effective and transparent financial tracking and
- Oversee and monitor processes and collaboration efforts with
all other departments within the organization to create an
understanding of and appreciation for the development
- Oversee and monitor the development and implementation of
policies and procedures for gift processing and donor
acknowledgement, database management, and financial reporting.
Skills and Qualifications:
Reporting to the Executive Director and serving on the executive
leadership group of the organization, the CAO is a
results-oriented, self-starting leader capable of leading a team
responsible for fundraising, volunteer cultivation, corporate
philanthropic support, communications, public relations, marketing
and social media functions for the organization. Key to this
person’s success is their ability to create, lead and monitor the
strategic direction of a complex advancement program and to ensure
its alignment with organizational goals.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a successful track
record in prospect research, online and traditional giving
strategies, traditional and new media and most fundamentally,
possess the ability to articulate NOAHH’s value to the broader
community across a wide variety of channels and in highly diverse
The CAO must be able to quickly establish strong relationships
with executive leaders including the Board of Directors, direct
reports, staff and volunteers to leverage them effectively in the
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience
in a comprehensive non-profit fundraising program, including at
least 2 years in a position with staff management
- Candidates must demonstrate quantifiable success in fundraising
with a proven track record in donor stewardship (non-profit
- Experience with federal, state and local grants preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Experience working with a Board of Directors preferred.
- Must be able to pass a criminal and sex offender background
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA (70122)