*PLEASE NOTE THAT RESUMES MUST BE EMAILED TO
JOBS@ARTSNEWORLEANS.ORG WITH YOUR NAME AND DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
POSITION WRITTEN IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
Arts Council New Orleans seeks a Development
The Arts Council New Orleans's mission is to improve the quality
of life in New Orleans by supporting, activating, and investing in
our city's greatest national resources: our artists, cultural
producers, and the creative community. Building on our
community's abundance of cultural wealth and creativity, the Arts
Council envisions a New Orleans in which arts and culture play a
pivotal role in all areas of policy, planning, and
placemaking. To pursue a more equitable, joyful, and resilient
city, art and artists should be central to all community and
economic development efforts – from public health to public safety,
education to infrastructure. The Arts Council has operationalized
its commitment to advancing equity in its work through staff
recruitment and hiring, board development, purchasing practices,
and resource allocation.
Our Public Art & Placemaking Strategy programs include the
administration of the city's Percent for Art Program, other
community development projects in which the arts are central, the
presentation of our LUNA Fête Light and Technology Festival, the
creation of murals, and training programs for visual
artists. Our Artist Services and Creative Advocacy Strategies
include regranting city, state, and federal funds that impact the
nonprofit arts community, art markets in City Park and the Marsalis
Harmony Park, and our Young Artists Movement Mentorship
Program, youth learning job skills by working with professional
artists. The Arts Council advocates for public and private funds
and develops policies that increase art as a part of the lives of
DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Arts Council seeks a person with experience in development
to implement its development plan and support the Director and
Board Members to increase support from major donors. The Director
of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and
directing the Arts Council's fundraising including, the major gifts
program, annual fund, planned giving, and special events. The
Development Director works closely with the Executive Director and
the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising
- Must embrace the mission of the Arts Council New Orleans.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques,
particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board
members, and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to build external relationships.
- Be a "self-starter" and goal-driven to initiate our board to
participate in donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit "follow through" on tasks and
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and
community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common
sense, and good listening ability.
- A bachelor's degree.
- Five years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- To implement the Arts Council's fundraising plan and help
develop and update its fundraising plans.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters, continue to
establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program, including identification,
cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
- Support grant seeking, including research, proposal
writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build our first planned giving program with a focus on deferred
gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct annual fundraising drives.•Coordinate fundraising
special events include working with other staff members.
- Oversee prospect research include working with our Development
Committee and Board
- Work closely with the Executive Director, the Development
Committee, and the Board of Directors.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.•Oversee fundraising
database and tracking systems.
- Collaborate with other fundraising staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising
activities.•Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Must demonstrate professional conduct.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
The starting salary range is $55,000 - $65,000.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
Health insurance and matching funds for 403(b) retirement plan
Resumes will be reviewed on: October 21, 2021 and November
E-mail your resume as an attachment to
email@example.com with your name and Development Director
Position written in the subject line.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA (70158)